Welcome to Moment Poetry!
Our goal is to help promote quality poetry and support aspiring poets. We are very grateful that you’ve decided to join us on this path.
We hope you enjoy our offer of carefully selected poems by aspiring poets in a unique visual format.
25% of the price you pay goes directly to the author of the poem.
Enjoy the moment!
Latest from our blog:
- The story behind the poem: The Problem with Magic Shows by Cora RuskinTo close this strange year we were looking for something colorful and crazy. ‘The Problem with Magic Shows‘ caught our attention because it was different than most of the poems we receive. It was full of wild imagery that could inspire the cover illustration and it was fun. 2020 has been a demanding year and […]
- The story behind the poem: Night Settles by DS MaolalaiOur fourth poem also comes from Ireland (following Steve Denehan‘s Salt and Vinegar). DS Maolalai originally submitted a different poem which we liked very much but were not entirely convinced it was the best choice for our format. When we explained this to DS he sent ‘Night Settles’ in return and that settled it. What […]
- A Poem as a GiftWe’re still waiting for our fourth poem to return from Ireland while poem #5 is already on its way to England to be signed by its author. We hope to add both of them to the offer soon but the current restrictions have also slowed down international postal services considerably. We’re really happy with how […]
- The story behind the poem: Salt and Vinegar by Steve DenehanThe poems Steve submitted were a little shorter than what we were looking for and although it was love at first read, we didn’t add them to our shortlist right away. However, we kept coming back to them and then realized that we have unconsciously already made our decision. The number of lines didn’t matter […]
- The story behind the poem: A Cottage in Nova Scotia by Carter VanceAfter we had released the first Moment Poetry poem in May, our fear was that we won’t receive enough submissions to keep the series going. To our big surprise, within two weeks after announcing the open call for submissions, we were facing the opposite problem. Poems were coming in from all over the world and […]
- Awaiting your poems!After a rather long period of discussions, thinking and planning, it felt very good to actually get to work and turn an idea into reality. Moment Poetry started its existence with its first published poem – the wonderful ‘Last Tuesday’ by Gabrielle Clover. We will do our best to publish six more poems until the […]